Built around 1845, this site was dedicated to growing produce for Cobham Park, the estate owned by the Coombe family famous for their London brewery.
Approximately one hectare in size, it is completely surrounded by the original walls and thirteen of the outbuildings from the original kitchen garden, including the back sheds, boffey, hothouse and glasshouse.
During its heyday, it would have had a team of gardeners working full-time here.
The garden was well known for its production of peaches and other exotic fruits. Every inch of all the walls were used for growing which is why to this day they are still covered in an amazing network of wires. Many of the key features of the garden are still preserved and the walls, back-sheds and head gardener’s house are still in remarkable condition.